Thursday, June 9, 2011

Snobbery and tastings

Allagash "Victoria" Belgian Ale tastes like Welch's Grape Juice.  I've said it before, I'll say it again.  I actually announced this loudly during the brew tour, one of those awkward moments when everyone goes silent and you can't control the volume of your voice. I took a sip "TASTES LIKE WELCH'S", a murmur ran through the crowd, "oh it does..it really does", the tour guide denied me any more tastings, and refused to answer any and all questions I may have had.
Note, this isn't necessarily a bad thing...some people might like their beer to be fruity, reminiscent of snack time, or peanut butter sandwiches, I don't, but some might.

Cold River Gin tastes like Pine-sol and maple syrup.

I once ate Foie Gras sauce that tasted like pizza goldfish

Cranberry bisque that tasted like Christmas

Blueberry Lavender Ice Cream just tastes pretty

I don't use the fancy terms, the high end definitions, I use what I know, I describe in truths, not snobberies.

and I don't judge my boyfriend who was craving foie gras, promised to take me on a date for foie and wine, and ended up ordering a whopper at lunch declaring it cured his craving.

Foie + Gras = Fat Liver

Unknown animal biproduct (possibly liver) + Fat = Whopper

Ergo

Foie Gras = Whopper

I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment