Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fast preps, three hands


For those who may or may not know, I was recently diagnosed with tendinitis, which despite my best efforts, is career ending.  That being said, I still work, I'm just not allowed to chop, flip, twirl, spin, butcher, cut, use tongs, whisks or spatulas. That being said, I do all of the above and choose to ignore the pain.
What's harder to ignore, is the hardened mass on my right wrist.  I can only assume that it's a replacement hand, which will come in useful for many things: awkward high fives, uncomfortable handshakes, mean games of thumb wars, etc.
So while I'm still needed in the kitchen, those who know me, don't allow me to help, they're all invested in "helping me get better". Lame.
The new guy, however, isn't privy to my "injury", and thusly asked me to do his preps today!

Diver Harvest Scallops with marinated cucumbers, and wild spring ramp ripened cream.
Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment