Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Opportunity/Shmoppertunity

Third handed disappointment at not having a third hand, but actually a hardened tendon squeezing itself along a nerve, alls well that end wells, I've been kicked out of the kitchen, put on worker's comp and I've entered every chef's nightmare...


No, not that one with the scary ass horses, 

this one...

The dreaded 9-5, M-F, desk job

In the dungeon of the restaurant I dust flour from our adjoining bakery, organize paperwork, rewrite employer manuals, and more organizing.  Jokes on them, they don't know how anal retentive I can be, the lists I can make, the plans I have...

My boyfriend, of the banana omelette degree has fallen in love with this, his lunches are now prepared on Sunday and organized in Tupperware to coordinate with each day.  I'm like a Mother F***ing Stewart, and no it's not a "good thing".

Truth be told, it's my only creative outlet, they can keep me out of the kitchen, but they can't keep me from cooking, Tupperware lunches, and dinners at home are now my vice, running home, creating mise en place, eating delicious and sadly well balanced meals.  What's become of me?!

This weeks lunches consisted of:
Cold shrimp pad thai with asparagus and pickled ginger
Pasta pesto salad with spinach and goat cheese
Egg Salad sandwiches
PBJ, granola bar, apple 
Cobb Salad: avocado, bacon, tomato, grilled chicken, lettuce, hard boiled egg, maple mustard vinaigrette

I'm self disgusted.


No comments:

Post a Comment