Tuesday, May 10, 2011

National Liver and Onions Day!

For me, you need to add bacon, but hot damn is that one of my favorite meals. Liver in all forms.

Anything from :
My mom's liver, bacon and onions with an egg sunny side up with buttered toast

(recent James Beard Award winner 2011) Prune's monk fish liver with a little soy sauce and lemon.

Pan fried with some maple glazed cipollini, fig and rocket salad with balsamico

Goose liver with pan fried apples, cheesy parsnip mash, a la a rainy day in Budapest


Something so sweet, tender, delicate, salty, smoky, savory...


I know, I know so many people are anti-liver, "ew the toxins" "ew the smell" but I promise you, they're worth another try! Livers are fantastic and good for you! (high in iron) and for those who are less interested in health, add more bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment